What do you mean I'm not getting any milk?
Patrick's birthday went off without a hitch. Well, if you consider the fact that, the night before, our stove decided to heat all the way up instead of turning off like a good little stove should "without a hitch" then it did. We got to take a trip to Lowes to purchase a new stove. Good thing for LOTS of Lowes credit. I wanted to stay away from Kenmore (Sears... the stove we had before) AND the control panel (because we are certain that is where the problem was), and we accomplished one out of two. I was just fine with the plain Jane, burner stove with the dial that turned the oven on. But Patrick loves his glass tops, so we settled for no Kenmore, but a control panel. And really, nowadays, there aren't many out there with the dials to turn the oven on (there was only ONE at Lowes), so the pickings were slim in that department.
So we are now the proud owners of a new stove, not because we WANT to be, but because we lost faith in the other one. The part was going to cost between $ 225 and $ 250, so really ... what is the point?
Mother's Day was wonderful. We got our picture taken at church, we went out to Cracker Barrel, went to my parents to let the kids run off some energy, and then came home. I even got a 2 hour nap in there. I suffered for it last night and didn't sleep well. Of course, who can sleep well when their smallest child decides that she is going to SCREECH at the top of her lungs at 12:15 because she had had a bad dream ... something about water "coming in." She was a little terrified, the sweet thing.
Last dance class, dress rehearsal, recital, and EOY party for Brownies this week. All about McCayla. Second to last week of class for me. Typical week for the rest of the family.
I don't think M will be returning to Becky's next year. She gets performance anxiety like nobody's business, already concocting her excuses on her way home from school on Mondays. Last week, her head hurt TWICE and her stomach hurt once. Daddy still made her go, and she survived. I can't WAIT for Saturday afternoon. She will be a REAL case then.
Mom, Bethany, McCayla, and I attended our church's Mother/Daughter dinner. It was nice. A friend from church came up and said "hey... aren't you missing a daughter?" Thanks, Sharon... ;)
While I was getting ready for the dinner, I was looking for a pair of shoes. I have a WHOLE bunch of clothes that I am going through in the bottom of my closet, so that means limited access to my shoes. I was looking and looking and looking for a pair on Saturday, and then just laid down on the clothes in defeat. Patrick came back with Evan, and Evan had asked for a glass of milk. Patrick said he would get it for him.... and then he said "oh no ... Mommy has collapsed." Evan's respons....
Does that mean I don't get my milk?
So we are now the proud owners of a new stove, not because we WANT to be, but because we lost faith in the other one. The part was going to cost between $ 225 and $ 250, so really ... what is the point?
Mother's Day was wonderful. We got our picture taken at church, we went out to Cracker Barrel, went to my parents to let the kids run off some energy, and then came home. I even got a 2 hour nap in there. I suffered for it last night and didn't sleep well. Of course, who can sleep well when their smallest child decides that she is going to SCREECH at the top of her lungs at 12:15 because she had had a bad dream ... something about water "coming in." She was a little terrified, the sweet thing.
Last dance class, dress rehearsal, recital, and EOY party for Brownies this week. All about McCayla. Second to last week of class for me. Typical week for the rest of the family.
I don't think M will be returning to Becky's next year. She gets performance anxiety like nobody's business, already concocting her excuses on her way home from school on Mondays. Last week, her head hurt TWICE and her stomach hurt once. Daddy still made her go, and she survived. I can't WAIT for Saturday afternoon. She will be a REAL case then.
Mom, Bethany, McCayla, and I attended our church's Mother/Daughter dinner. It was nice. A friend from church came up and said "hey... aren't you missing a daughter?" Thanks, Sharon... ;)
While I was getting ready for the dinner, I was looking for a pair of shoes. I have a WHOLE bunch of clothes that I am going through in the bottom of my closet, so that means limited access to my shoes. I was looking and looking and looking for a pair on Saturday, and then just laid down on the clothes in defeat. Patrick came back with Evan, and Evan had asked for a glass of milk. Patrick said he would get it for him.... and then he said "oh no ... Mommy has collapsed." Evan's respons....
Does that mean I don't get my milk?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home