The past few days
Soccer games, Sunday services with the kids' choirs, putting up with small children during those Sunday services, the return to school for another week, a MOPS steering committee meeting, a reservation for Great Wolf Lodge for this Friday, and three shots for Evan. What a whirlwind of a past few days.
McCayla scored the very first goal at Sunday's game, or so I'm told. I wasn't there. I decided that the weather was too nasty for the Eman and Jenna to go the game, and I was glad I made that decision. Instead of calling a game when it rains, they *toughen* the girls up and make them play. So I will send any co-pay bills to the Hancock County Soccer Association should McCayla ever fall ill because of those decisions.
But M did really well. I wish I could have seen it. Nana and PawPaw were able to watch her, and they came over, looking a little rain-drenched.
The kids did a wonderful job in their little programs on Sunday. M's was longer, and it was really cute. Evan had his little speaking part ... But what about the things that don't breathe ... or in Evan speak ... butwhataboutthethingsthatdontbreve. He is such a joy to watch. So totally different from his sister.
SO totally different from his sister. His sister took her Kindergarten shots with grace and style. She didn't freak out beforehand. She didn't scream. She didn't cry. She didn't try to run out of the room. She calmly pulled her pants down, and took the three shots like a champ. She didn't make one noise, and said afterwards that it wasn't bad at all. Of course, this is the child who had numerous blood draws, an IV, and a shot of insulin a few short months ago and never ONCE cried. Never ONCE did a tear roll from her eyes.
Evan, on the other hand ... oh Evan. Let's just say this:
McCayla scored the very first goal at Sunday's game, or so I'm told. I wasn't there. I decided that the weather was too nasty for the Eman and Jenna to go the game, and I was glad I made that decision. Instead of calling a game when it rains, they *toughen* the girls up and make them play. So I will send any co-pay bills to the Hancock County Soccer Association should McCayla ever fall ill because of those decisions.
But M did really well. I wish I could have seen it. Nana and PawPaw were able to watch her, and they came over, looking a little rain-drenched.
The kids did a wonderful job in their little programs on Sunday. M's was longer, and it was really cute. Evan had his little speaking part ... But what about the things that don't breathe ... or in Evan speak ... butwhataboutthethingsthatdontbreve. He is such a joy to watch. So totally different from his sister.
SO totally different from his sister. His sister took her Kindergarten shots with grace and style. She didn't freak out beforehand. She didn't scream. She didn't cry. She didn't try to run out of the room. She calmly pulled her pants down, and took the three shots like a champ. She didn't make one noise, and said afterwards that it wasn't bad at all. Of course, this is the child who had numerous blood draws, an IV, and a shot of insulin a few short months ago and never ONCE cried. Never ONCE did a tear roll from her eyes.
Evan, on the other hand ... oh Evan. Let's just say this:
- the whole office knew he wanted to go home
- he didn't think he needed the shots
- he didn't want his pants pulled down
- shots scared him
- he decided that he didn't want to go to Kindergarten after all
- why did he HAVE to have shots
- have I had shots before
- is he getting the shots in his butt
It was not a pretty sight. I had to force his head over to look at me. I had to physically hold his hands down with my other hand, and with my elbow I had to immobilize his leg.
I have decided that Jenna will be taken by her father to get her K shots because I am done with forcing my children to have them. I have taken all of these kids to every single immunization. I think it is time for Dad to feel the love.

3 Comments:
Daddy now takes Carly to get her cavities filled ( a whole different ballgame than shots..) I decided I could no longer handle that!
I'm off sister, I'll catch you next week..although Matt is taking his laptop, so I'll probably blog sometime soon...
kiss kiss..have a good one!
R
Hey girl, have a great time at Great Bear! It's a fun place, but was never too impressed with the food...you may want to grab a bite elsewhere ;o)
Will I ever see you again??? I think I'm going through Meredith-withdrawl!! I look for you every morning when I drop N off at school (9:07ish)...what time do you get there? You probably are in the drive through while I'm taking N in.
Miss you!
DUDE! I TOTALLY forgot that you drop him off at Whittier!!! I am normally there around that time (or thereabouts), depending on the day. I will have to keep an eye out for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home