Raining like noone's business
We are getting some rain right now, and are supposed to get it pretty much all day today. But yesterday was absolutely gorgeous, so I can't complain too much.
Jenna started some coughing last night when she went down to bed, so we were in a quandry... treat her with cough medicine or Albuterol. We chose the medicine because we didn't want to string her out on Albuterol. She calmed down, but those are the times when I'm like ... hmmm... Albuterol is a rescue medicine. Exactly WHEN do I need to rescue her?
McCayla had her first soccer practice last night (she missed last week due to a discipline issue and she almost missed last night due to the same issue ... she wanted to wear her dressy khaki capris to practice... ummmm... yeah). I told her it would be rather embarassing to have to miss a second practice because she *needed* to make a fashion statement at practice. She is pre-pubescent already.....
We just received a letter from Evan's preschool/Jenna's future preschool that they are going to have ANOTHER staff change in a matter of a year. Last year, the teachers who had been there for eight years retired. I was bummed, but Evan got along well with the new teachers, and I was really appreciating the direction they were taking (Bible based as opposed to a typical preschool). Well they said they have reviewed the preschool program, and are going in a different direction (i.e. present parents complained, enrollment is down, and the surveys came back in a very negative manner). So Jenna will not be attending there next year. I am not even sure if Jenna will be attending a preschool at all next year. She will just be three in June, which puts me in a quandry. She is TINY, but is SOOO bright and can hold her own. I am thinking about just keeping her out this next year, and putting her in when she turns four. Just another choice to make.
So why is it that with my Independent Study classes, I feel really guilty that I am not *teaching* them? I feel like I need to lecture when I meet with my two students, but realize that isn't the point of an IS. I just hope that I am leading them correctly. This is one of the student's last classes, and she has already taken this same exact class, so we are pretty much making things up as we go along.
Well, I need to get out there and act like Mom. My Mom will be coming over here this am so I can get a little bit of work done. I am DESPERATELY behind. I should have taken sick days when I was really and truly ill at the beginning of the week, but now it will look suspect.
Jenna started some coughing last night when she went down to bed, so we were in a quandry... treat her with cough medicine or Albuterol. We chose the medicine because we didn't want to string her out on Albuterol. She calmed down, but those are the times when I'm like ... hmmm... Albuterol is a rescue medicine. Exactly WHEN do I need to rescue her?
McCayla had her first soccer practice last night (she missed last week due to a discipline issue and she almost missed last night due to the same issue ... she wanted to wear her dressy khaki capris to practice... ummmm... yeah). I told her it would be rather embarassing to have to miss a second practice because she *needed* to make a fashion statement at practice. She is pre-pubescent already.....
We just received a letter from Evan's preschool/Jenna's future preschool that they are going to have ANOTHER staff change in a matter of a year. Last year, the teachers who had been there for eight years retired. I was bummed, but Evan got along well with the new teachers, and I was really appreciating the direction they were taking (Bible based as opposed to a typical preschool). Well they said they have reviewed the preschool program, and are going in a different direction (i.e. present parents complained, enrollment is down, and the surveys came back in a very negative manner). So Jenna will not be attending there next year. I am not even sure if Jenna will be attending a preschool at all next year. She will just be three in June, which puts me in a quandry. She is TINY, but is SOOO bright and can hold her own. I am thinking about just keeping her out this next year, and putting her in when she turns four. Just another choice to make.
So why is it that with my Independent Study classes, I feel really guilty that I am not *teaching* them? I feel like I need to lecture when I meet with my two students, but realize that isn't the point of an IS. I just hope that I am leading them correctly. This is one of the student's last classes, and she has already taken this same exact class, so we are pretty much making things up as we go along.
Well, I need to get out there and act like Mom. My Mom will be coming over here this am so I can get a little bit of work done. I am DESPERATELY behind. I should have taken sick days when I was really and truly ill at the beginning of the week, but now it will look suspect.

1 Comments:
Can you say MONTESSORI?!! Abby would love it! It's not as expensive as it sounds...I'll talk to you later about all of that! You can do 3 half days ya know. Man I missed ya! So good to see you! LOVED that you took a stance. That's the last time you'll be in the front row center..ha!
We were thinking maybe Jason is growing out his hair to get a perm. He was talking to "tangles" this am. HA!
See ya soon! Let's do a meal this week! Can you scrap on Friday?!
Post a Comment
<< Home