Saturday, April 08, 2006

Trying to keep a positive attitude

Tonight and tomorrow night, I have choir presentations. It is a musical called Believe. I haven't run into a soul in that choir that absolutely LOVES this thing. I mean, there are some songs we just don't like because of one reason or another. I have never seen a whole musical that doesn't have one redeeming quality. Well, let me take that back: there is a redeeming quality in this ... Greg and Brittany Henson's duet. And that pretty much sums up the excitement about this presentation.

BUT ... I need to remember ... I need to remind myself ... that this is not being presented because the choir likes it. It is being presented because we want to impart the message. We want to save people. We want to make sure that people start their walks with God during this Easter season, and not become Easter and Christmas church-goers.

However, it is very difficult to impart a message that you think is presented in a sing-songy, pomp and circumstance style that will be difficult to present at times. Add on top of all this a DVD presentation of actors playing Mary, Thomas, John, and Caiphus, and you have the makings of an over-the-top Easter season presentation.

But at least we don't have someone dressed as Jesus, trying to hoist them into the rafters to represent the ascension. At least I don't think we do.

Which reminds me of a funny home video on that same exact scene. The gentleman who was playing Jesus was on some pulley lift system, and it turned him around, revealing the fact that, under his robe, Jesus was wearing a pair of bermuda shorts, a tshirt that said "Eat at Joe's Crabshack," and, quite appopriately, Jesus sandals.

So I suppose that I should get off this computer, jump in the shower, and prepare myself, mentally and musically, for tonight's presentation. I have a mini solo, and I am most positive that I will psyche myself out, thinking I won't be able to remember the words, going over those words in my mind about one song in front of the one I am singing in, and look like a total idiot when I turn beet red.

Or I could just sing the solo, moved by the Holy Spirit.

Yeah... I'm voting that the former will happen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that you will do a beautiful job Meredith..sorry that we will miss it! Knowing Jason, he probably invited Jesus himself to make an appearance. At Stonebridge, we spare no minor detail.
Sitting here now, waiting for the clock to run out. I'm ready, with time to spare. Can you believe it? I even went to the store and spent another 40 bucks on stupid plane stuff. What is it about vacation that you lose your mind and spend stupid money?! Have to have a bag of tricks to keep the girls happy on the plane!
See you later, take care, I'll miss you this week!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home