TGIF?
In the *normal* business world, TGIF brings about a sense of relief, a sense of accomplishment. That feeling that you are only a matter of hours away from your two day reprieve from work.
In the world of the work at home individual, who has had one commitment after another this past week, Friday is just another day. Saturday and Sunday will, unfortunately, have to be work days in order to meet quota for this week. A depressing thought, really. I used to be the envy of a few of my friends ... gosh, you are SO lucky to be able to work at home. Man, must be nice to be able to set your own schedule.
Yes, I AM lucky to have this job. I am lucky to set my own schedule. But a lot of people don't realize that that schedule is a hard one. It isn't easy having to summarize a case here, a case there in order to make quota. I have to be able to have a block of time, which I don't have a lot of days, in order to really make a dent in my work week. Hence the reason that I need to work over the weekend a lot of times. Last week, I didn't have to. I did work a little on Saturday, but I had Sunday free and clear of anything. It was a wonderful feeling, knowing that I could go home from church and have NOTHING on my plate to do. This week, not so lucky, I don't think.
So, with all of that being said, I guess I am off to download a case before I am bombarded with requests from young people ... To the rest of you, TGIF, man.
In the world of the work at home individual, who has had one commitment after another this past week, Friday is just another day. Saturday and Sunday will, unfortunately, have to be work days in order to meet quota for this week. A depressing thought, really. I used to be the envy of a few of my friends ... gosh, you are SO lucky to be able to work at home. Man, must be nice to be able to set your own schedule.
Yes, I AM lucky to have this job. I am lucky to set my own schedule. But a lot of people don't realize that that schedule is a hard one. It isn't easy having to summarize a case here, a case there in order to make quota. I have to be able to have a block of time, which I don't have a lot of days, in order to really make a dent in my work week. Hence the reason that I need to work over the weekend a lot of times. Last week, I didn't have to. I did work a little on Saturday, but I had Sunday free and clear of anything. It was a wonderful feeling, knowing that I could go home from church and have NOTHING on my plate to do. This week, not so lucky, I don't think.
So, with all of that being said, I guess I am off to download a case before I am bombarded with requests from young people ... To the rest of you, TGIF, man.

1 Comments:
Here here, TGIF, NOT! Yes, usually for me too, however not this time around. It is on-call weekend,which means I will also be working all weekend. Plus I will be spending the rest at the hosp. anyway, where Matt's grandma is not doing well at all. Tonight I will drop off my DT project assignments and wave to the ladies at the crop. No time for scrapbooking I'm afraid.
You crack me up about choir. I know he is a die-hard. Something not right about that whole family if you ask me.
MW aka "chocolate craver" was already calling me at 7am this morning. Ugh! I didn't even answer that one. My answer is going to be no this time around. I'm looking forward to less commitments this summer, not more.
No is an exercise of control for me, I don't say it to often!
Take care, work hard and get those cases done!
Post a Comment
<< Home