Mom, the bus driver
I had taken M to school yesterday morning because she didn't get in until after 10. I offered to pick her up all this week and take her to school. She has now decided that she wants to be a "picked up" kid and not a bus rider anymore. She said that the fifth graders are giving her a hard time on the bus, and I won't let her be in that environment. So we just adjusted a few things here and there, and now we will be taking her to school and picking her up from now on (unless something comes up and I can't do it).
Being thrown back into the throes of taking care of everyone again has worn me down today. We took a trek over to Patrick's store and it is NICE! It is big and has a lot of stuff in there. Not only do they carry the hardware you would expect to see, they also have toilet tissue, paper towels, aluminum foil, Ziploc baggies and containers, trash cans, trash bags, small appliances... and that was only after going down two aisles with Jenna. I really think Patrick will love this job, and finally have a place he feels comfortable. A small owned family business is MUCH better than retail banking.
As I drove past Clyde Findlay Area Credit Union today on my way over to bring him his forgotten lunch, I raised my fist and yelled "you didn't defeat him, horrid, horrid place." And it didn't.
Looking back on this past year, it has been a trial and a tribulation. Patrick needed this. He needed to see: (1) that he didn't need to be a banker to make a living; (2) that it IS hard to be a stay at home parent; (3) that my job really IS important, and not to be taken lightly; and (4) that, in all circumstances, sometimes you have to roll up your sleeves and put your nose to the grindstone.
So CFACU and your president and vice president, thanks to your decision last year to terminate the employment of an extremely wonderful, caring husband and father, you made him grow. You made him a stronger person, a more loving (if that was at all possible!) father, and an attentive and more caring husband. Don't get me wrong; I am NOT thanking you. I am acknowledging it. And moving on.
Being thrown back into the throes of taking care of everyone again has worn me down today. We took a trek over to Patrick's store and it is NICE! It is big and has a lot of stuff in there. Not only do they carry the hardware you would expect to see, they also have toilet tissue, paper towels, aluminum foil, Ziploc baggies and containers, trash cans, trash bags, small appliances... and that was only after going down two aisles with Jenna. I really think Patrick will love this job, and finally have a place he feels comfortable. A small owned family business is MUCH better than retail banking.
As I drove past Clyde Findlay Area Credit Union today on my way over to bring him his forgotten lunch, I raised my fist and yelled "you didn't defeat him, horrid, horrid place." And it didn't.
Looking back on this past year, it has been a trial and a tribulation. Patrick needed this. He needed to see: (1) that he didn't need to be a banker to make a living; (2) that it IS hard to be a stay at home parent; (3) that my job really IS important, and not to be taken lightly; and (4) that, in all circumstances, sometimes you have to roll up your sleeves and put your nose to the grindstone.
So CFACU and your president and vice president, thanks to your decision last year to terminate the employment of an extremely wonderful, caring husband and father, you made him grow. You made him a stronger person, a more loving (if that was at all possible!) father, and an attentive and more caring husband. Don't get me wrong; I am NOT thanking you. I am acknowledging it. And moving on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home