Back to the salt mine
Back at it today. My three days off are officially over, and now I have to return to the salt mine of summarizing federal case law. I also have to come up with a test for my class tonight, but then they are going to be working on drafting contracts, so I just have to hand them their assignments, and be there to answer any questions that they might have.
Patrick's trip went well yesterday... down and back within 11 hours. I know he was beat, though, but he said he had good weather the entire time (the sun was out the WHOLE time, he said!), and very minimal traffic problems. He said he initially met with the assistant controller, who told him that he was supposed to be meeting with the controller as well, but he was in a meeting. She then said that they might have to schedule a time for Patrick to come BACK DOWN to meet with him. Luckily, the controller got out of his emergency meeting to meet with Patrick. I told Patrick that I would have just flat out told them heck no, they would need to meet with me over the phone. He said the controller was very impressed with the fact that Patrick had received the phone call only the day before, and was able to make it down to Lousville the following day.
They won't know anything until April 1, and hopefully they hold true to their word and let the people know, either way. Then he had contacted an old boss, who is running a call center for the city of Greensboro, NC, asking if they had anything open there. He LOVED working in the call center at ComWavz, and he loved working for this boss. She said they did need someone, to put his resume in, and she even had a spare bedroom if we wanted to come down to take a look around.
Choices need to be made here... in a way, it is terribly exciting, but in another, this is home to me. I know, I know. Home is where you make it. But I've made it here. But ... I can move my job anywhere in the contiguous, so I really have flexibility.
All right... speaking of that job that I can move anywhere to do ...
Patrick's trip went well yesterday... down and back within 11 hours. I know he was beat, though, but he said he had good weather the entire time (the sun was out the WHOLE time, he said!), and very minimal traffic problems. He said he initially met with the assistant controller, who told him that he was supposed to be meeting with the controller as well, but he was in a meeting. She then said that they might have to schedule a time for Patrick to come BACK DOWN to meet with him. Luckily, the controller got out of his emergency meeting to meet with Patrick. I told Patrick that I would have just flat out told them heck no, they would need to meet with me over the phone. He said the controller was very impressed with the fact that Patrick had received the phone call only the day before, and was able to make it down to Lousville the following day.
They won't know anything until April 1, and hopefully they hold true to their word and let the people know, either way. Then he had contacted an old boss, who is running a call center for the city of Greensboro, NC, asking if they had anything open there. He LOVED working in the call center at ComWavz, and he loved working for this boss. She said they did need someone, to put his resume in, and she even had a spare bedroom if we wanted to come down to take a look around.
Choices need to be made here... in a way, it is terribly exciting, but in another, this is home to me. I know, I know. Home is where you make it. But I've made it here. But ... I can move my job anywhere in the contiguous, so I really have flexibility.
All right... speaking of that job that I can move anywhere to do ...

3 Comments:
Okay. I'm the guilty party. I mentioned the scrap thing in a blog earlier this week. But I didn't definately say THIS Sunday. Although I am all for this Sunday. Sorry Meredith if you can't make it. We can plan another time for you. LOL You can't leave Findlay. He will just have to turn the offer down. You can't leave us now at this time. We are planning on have a crop bed and breakfast. See how ya are. Just up and go when work calls. Have a great day. Talk soon
Okay. I'm the guilty party. I mentioned the scrap thing in a blog earlier this week. But I didn't definately say THIS Sunday. Although I am all for this Sunday. Sorry Meredith if you can't make it. We can plan another time for you. LOL You can't leave Findlay. He will just have to turn the offer down. You can't leave us now at this time. We are planning on have a crop bed and breakfast. See how ya are. Just up and go when work calls. Have a great day. Talk soon
ummm...helllooooo? i don't believe you've consulted with the scrappin' sistahs on if you are allowed to move. i guess if we don't have a say, you have to make sure you get promised to you at least TWO trips back here for a scrapbook retreat!
but, for real, you can't go. tell the wife it ain't allowed.
Post a Comment
<< Home