A trip to Louisville and a child who is coughing only at night
Jenna... she is coughing ONLY at night, and it is like clock-work. No matter the fact that she was given cough medicine last night before bed, the kind that knocks you out until the morning, she was up at her mandatory 1 AM to wake me up with her coughing. It starts innocently, and then it becomes a nuisance, and then I have to get up to get her something to drink. This morning when I got up with her, I was met by Jenna at her door, wide awake. So I gave her some of the cough medicine with codeine, and put her back down. It quieted her down ... for a whole TWO hours. She was back up at 4 this morning, coughing again, and then up again at 5 something. THEN she got up for the day at 6:30. SO fun to be me this morning.
Patrick is on the road to Louisville as I write this. He is going to The Galt House for an interview for an internal auditor position. As much as you don't want to turn an interview down, there is that little voice in the back of your head that says: (1) do I REALLY want to move to Louisville, (2) will this be like the other times when he interviews, and nothing comes of it, and (3) PLEASE let him be safe.
The Galt House is where he took me to dinner the night he proposed to me. I had a feeling it was coming (the proposal, not the interview), because it was such a nice place, and the timing was right. So ... there is some sentimental value to the The Galt House. It is a hotel in downtown Louisville on the Ohio River.
If we moved to Kentucky, I was hoping that it would be Lexington because it is just ... prettier. Louisville is ok ... it is nice and large, but there are places that you can live that makes it less large. Lexington is really just the right size, growing every minute, but in a good way. I just love Lexington to death.
So ... he is going down for an 11:15 appointment, to then go over to his parents' house for lunch, and to get back on the road around 1 or so. I hope it all goes well for him.
I was observed by the person in charge of my department last night. I received some good comments, and a few suggestions. But overall, it was an excellent review considering I have never once taught a class in my life (well, to people who were potty trained, that is).
Tonight is choir and Worship Team, which means I have the duty this Sunday.
I am so tired right now. Off to pour some coffee.
Patrick is on the road to Louisville as I write this. He is going to The Galt House for an interview for an internal auditor position. As much as you don't want to turn an interview down, there is that little voice in the back of your head that says: (1) do I REALLY want to move to Louisville, (2) will this be like the other times when he interviews, and nothing comes of it, and (3) PLEASE let him be safe.
The Galt House is where he took me to dinner the night he proposed to me. I had a feeling it was coming (the proposal, not the interview), because it was such a nice place, and the timing was right. So ... there is some sentimental value to the The Galt House. It is a hotel in downtown Louisville on the Ohio River.
If we moved to Kentucky, I was hoping that it would be Lexington because it is just ... prettier. Louisville is ok ... it is nice and large, but there are places that you can live that makes it less large. Lexington is really just the right size, growing every minute, but in a good way. I just love Lexington to death.
So ... he is going down for an 11:15 appointment, to then go over to his parents' house for lunch, and to get back on the road around 1 or so. I hope it all goes well for him.
I was observed by the person in charge of my department last night. I received some good comments, and a few suggestions. But overall, it was an excellent review considering I have never once taught a class in my life (well, to people who were potty trained, that is).
Tonight is choir and Worship Team, which means I have the duty this Sunday.
I am so tired right now. Off to pour some coffee.

1 Comments:
Get some sleep when the kids do this afternoon- and try a vaporizer with some vicks in it tonight... that always seems to be a mircle for me... and keep the extra blankets off, it seems the warmer they get the more the coughing bugs get to moving around and keeping me awake! Good luck with the dh's new job hopefuls i'm on interview myself - it does get pretty tedious-especially since we've officially been diag. with menigiatious (sp?) oh they fun we have in this place called parent hood! Have a great Day!
Stacy
Post a Comment
<< Home