Monday, March 13, 2006

Three glorious days off

Last week, I felt like I was losing touch with reality, and needed to take a break from work. On Friday, I pleaded with my manager, telling him that I needed to take a break from work, and asap. So he was nice enough (and thinking I was going to go off the deep end if I didn't get my request) and let me go these three days.

So, what will I do with my time? Who knows? I do have some serious knitting to do. I have a few orders that need to be tended to, and then I need to decide what I am doing after those are finished. It seems that everyone and their mother (or grandmother) are knitting the things I make, so I am not sure what to do. I was telling Robin that I was thinking about closing up shop, and whoever came over to my house for a visit would leave with my excess yarn. Like my grandfather who liked to send us grandkids home with something .... candy or fruit, mostly ... I could say "here .. take this home with you."

We are under a tornado watch this morning. Freaky weather already. I know it is the middle of March, and this should be expected. But still.... then they are talking about STUPID SNOW SHOWERS tomorrow afternoon. Ever seen The Day After Tomorrow? I mean... come ON!

Robin .. I am glad you didn't witness the McCayla debacle yesterday morning. That gives me some solace, knowing that maybe it wasn't as obvious as I thought it was. It was right during that last prayer before the kids came down from the platform. M is doing JUST fine. Jenna is coughing for some unknown, freaky reason. She started yesterday afternoon. I thought something went down wrong, and she just kept coughing and coughing. She went to sleep at 1 for her nap, which is ealier than normal, slept 3 hours, had to be woken up, but was in a good mood. She wasn't coughing as much, but you could tell that she had irritated her throat. She started up again last night before bed, and begged to go to bed at 8:15. THAT is a rarity.

But she is also back up at it this morning. She has coughed a few times, but nothing like yesterday. So PLEASE let this bypass us.

Evan has informed Daddy that he didn't feel like going to school today, so we shall see what that is all about.

Second week of classes beginning tonight. I am being observed tomorrow night for the first hour of lecture. Hopefully I don't say stupid things. Well, no more stupider than normal, that is.

Ok .. HAVE to go out and make my coffee, and prepare for class so I can have that done for the day.

Another boring entry in the life of Meredith.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on that sickness thing- Caity was sick all weekend here- started on her B-day- so i feel your pain!!! Enjoy those 3 days off, wish i was you :( I'm working nights for 2 and then days for 3 and then i'm heading to Columbus on Saturday for a Scrapbook road trip!!! You know for things i really don't need- can't live without...must have! and your life amuses me everyday!!! Glad you post!!! Stacy

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home