Ahhhh... the power of home shopping
Where were we before cell phones? Where were we before TIVO? Where were we before text messaging? Where were we before answering machines? Where were we before the Internet?
And where, pray tell, were we before the home shopping networks?
Where else but America can you be sitting in your pajamas, hair all over the place, no makeup on your face, making a life-altering decision about whether your wardrobe would be complete with that pair of pants from Susan Graver? Or, most importantly, making that justification that $ 27.00 REALLY IS a good deal on 172 pieces of Wild Asparagus paper. But sorry ... if you didn't get in on the deal, it is gone. Sold out. But my friends, Robin Powell and I were on the phone at the same time, ordering the same exact product because, you see, we appreciate the institution of QVC.
The verdict is still out for me on the QuickKutz system available in four easy payments of just over $ 40 a piece.
There are certain people I should not seek QVC advice from. Two of them have been in my life since I was born: my mother and my sister. They are QVCaholics. I have now found a third.
So if you are ever with me and something comes up on QVC, and you see me reaching for the phone, swearing I am not calling in to place an order, take the phone from me because I am calling my enabling support group.
And where, pray tell, were we before the home shopping networks?
Where else but America can you be sitting in your pajamas, hair all over the place, no makeup on your face, making a life-altering decision about whether your wardrobe would be complete with that pair of pants from Susan Graver? Or, most importantly, making that justification that $ 27.00 REALLY IS a good deal on 172 pieces of Wild Asparagus paper. But sorry ... if you didn't get in on the deal, it is gone. Sold out. But my friends, Robin Powell and I were on the phone at the same time, ordering the same exact product because, you see, we appreciate the institution of QVC.
The verdict is still out for me on the QuickKutz system available in four easy payments of just over $ 40 a piece.
There are certain people I should not seek QVC advice from. Two of them have been in my life since I was born: my mother and my sister. They are QVCaholics. I have now found a third.
So if you are ever with me and something comes up on QVC, and you see me reaching for the phone, swearing I am not calling in to place an order, take the phone from me because I am calling my enabling support group.

2 Comments:
Happy International Women's Day..damn it! Let's celebrate!
R
you know what, i'm not even going to comment. do i need to email you my phone number? just read my blog and you'll find out how i feel about it...;o~
Post a Comment
<< Home