Tuesday, March 07, 2006

What is MOPS?

Well, let's see ... MOPS is a place where Mothers Of PreSchoolers get together, eat tons of egg casseroles, talk about things that they wish they didn't have to talk about because they want the program to start on time, and where they win door prizes, but not everyone, and where they think that $ 5 a month is too much to pay for something they see no benefit conferred. Oh yeah.... and they want to meet more than once a month .... or at least that is the MOPS program I am in.

Just yanking your chain, Jacque!

Seriously... it is a program for moms of preschoolers, Christian-based. I am on the steering committee as the Publicity person, but don't ask me what I have accomplished in the time since I started. I can't even put out my newsletter this month because, while I have time to update my blog twice a day, I am just too strapped for time to put out a newsletter that it could possibly take me five minutes to do. But I got another committee member to feel sorry for me (or she really wanted to have a half-decent newsletter this month as opposed to the piece of crap I put out last month), so she will be doing it. Which reminds me, I need to get that emailed to her.

So that is MOPS. In a nutshell. Of sorts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm laughing hysterically at this! Can I just say how much I love my dear friend Meredith!!!! Ok minus the law degree we think and are so much alike it's scary!!!! Hey I say blog before anything...ok yeah I'm a loser for deleting my blog but I have to at least pretend to be a productive member of society.

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember, it's MILFS..we are all proud members!
:)
I am actually craving some egg casserole, do you know where I can find some?

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home