Ah yes... one of my hugest fears
There is this fear of vomiting. I am being serious. It is called emetophobia. It is a true phobia. It discusses a person's paralyzing fear of vomiting in public.
I am always afraid that one of my children will do this. It is just a fear I have. Can't get over it. I HATE vomiting. Hate it with a passion. I hate being on pins and needles, waiting for it to either happen or for it to re-occur.
This morning, my greatest fear was realized.
McCayla, who sings in the Elementary Choir, was up on the platform in church this morning. They wear long sleeved DARK shirts, and they stand up under the lights that even the adult choir complain about. I have been up there. I KNOW the heat that comes off of those lights. But it all has to be about APPEARANCE. They can't wear something light because, while it makes the kids cooler, it reflects the lighting, thereby making every child look like ghosts with kids' heads. They can't NOT have the lights on because it won't be good lighting for the telecast of the service. I mean, God forbid that we actually make our kids COMFORTABLE.
McCayla is prone to getting really hot. Is she a wimp? No. Her mother is the same exact way. It doesn't matter .... I feel heat quickly, and so does M.
So they have made it through the first service, and McCayla was looking a little wilted, but she was smiling, so all was ok. They get up for the second service, and she starts off looking just fine, but then as soon as they are ready to come down (THANKFULLY during prayer), I look up at her and she is looking pretty white. I mouth "is it your head?" because she is becoming more and more prone to migraines. She shook her head no, and pointed to her stomach.
Well, you can imagine the fear that stole over me. I rushed up to the stage, and told her to get down. At first, I didn't think she was going to come down, but then she CUPPED HER HAND OVER HER MOUTH! I told her to get down immediately, and she did. I am DRAGGING her out of church, and she is wretching all the way down the hallway to the bathroom.
Thankfully she didn't get sick sick... she just kinda wretched and then I got her a cold paper towel. She is doing just fine now, but you know ... I just had this feeling and was SO thankful that mother's intuition was kicking in.
So now ... my child will be known for a while as the one who almost puked during the prayer.
I am always afraid that one of my children will do this. It is just a fear I have. Can't get over it. I HATE vomiting. Hate it with a passion. I hate being on pins and needles, waiting for it to either happen or for it to re-occur.
This morning, my greatest fear was realized.
McCayla, who sings in the Elementary Choir, was up on the platform in church this morning. They wear long sleeved DARK shirts, and they stand up under the lights that even the adult choir complain about. I have been up there. I KNOW the heat that comes off of those lights. But it all has to be about APPEARANCE. They can't wear something light because, while it makes the kids cooler, it reflects the lighting, thereby making every child look like ghosts with kids' heads. They can't NOT have the lights on because it won't be good lighting for the telecast of the service. I mean, God forbid that we actually make our kids COMFORTABLE.
McCayla is prone to getting really hot. Is she a wimp? No. Her mother is the same exact way. It doesn't matter .... I feel heat quickly, and so does M.
So they have made it through the first service, and McCayla was looking a little wilted, but she was smiling, so all was ok. They get up for the second service, and she starts off looking just fine, but then as soon as they are ready to come down (THANKFULLY during prayer), I look up at her and she is looking pretty white. I mouth "is it your head?" because she is becoming more and more prone to migraines. She shook her head no, and pointed to her stomach.
Well, you can imagine the fear that stole over me. I rushed up to the stage, and told her to get down. At first, I didn't think she was going to come down, but then she CUPPED HER HAND OVER HER MOUTH! I told her to get down immediately, and she did. I am DRAGGING her out of church, and she is wretching all the way down the hallway to the bathroom.
Thankfully she didn't get sick sick... she just kinda wretched and then I got her a cold paper towel. She is doing just fine now, but you know ... I just had this feeling and was SO thankful that mother's intuition was kicking in.
So now ... my child will be known for a while as the one who almost puked during the prayer.

1 Comments:
Did I miss this?! Was I asleep? What the heck! I was there! Missed the whole thing...
ugh..
I totally know what you mean!
Post a Comment
<< Home