Tuesday, March 21, 2006

WOO HOO!!!!!

Yes... you read that right. Patrick is FINALLY gainfully employed!!!!I was at church on Sunday morning, and one of my fellow choir members asked me if I could talk to a woman who was working for him at his Ace Hardware store. She is going through a nasty divorce, and he wanted me to talk to her about MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). He also said that he was needing to find someone for Accounts Payable, and Lawn and Garden. Didn't even DAWN on me that Patrick would fit the AP job.

Another choir member, who knows Patrick has been looking, came running up to me after the first service, telling me that Dan was looking for someone. I said I would talk to him after the second service. I found Dan and Greg after the second service, and Dan asked me if Patrick was looking for something. I was like "umm.... YEAH!"

So Dan handed me his card, told me to tell Patrick to call him Monday (yesterday). Patrick did, and they set up an interview time for 1:30 this afternoon.

Patrick went over to the store (there are two... one in Fostoria, about 20 minutes from here, and another outside of Cleveland that Dan's son runs.. both owned by Dan) this afternoon, and at 2:45, he called me to let me know he is gainfully employed!It was originally for the AP position, and part-time, but Dan told Patrick he really wanted to utilize all of his talents, and made him the Office Manager over both stores!! And that means it will be more fulltime than anything.So yippeee!!! He starts tomorrow!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is sooo awesome...Good luck Patrick. I know this is answered prayer. So will you be teaching anymore classes at Brown Mackie?

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm...can't he wait until after lunch on thursday to start???

for real...soooo sooo happy for you all. but you know that means you're gonna have to put your skirt back on ;o)

c.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home