Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Did you know ...

that you can mix 1 TB of baking soda and 1 TB of Borax, and use it as a dishwashing detergent?

I found that little recipe/life saver on another board I visit ... here's the site you can look up other little homemade recipes on ... yes. Ended with a preposition. Bad, bad grammar. http://mixes.cdkitchen.com/recipes/cat/609/0.shtml

Tonight is the lovely Upward Awards Night. I KNOW M will be nervous. I am not going to tell her the massive amount of people who will be watching her. I think it is nerve-wrecking for a first grader to have to perform in front of all those people ... the basketball players don't have to. Why make the cheerleaders? I know... cheerleaders work harder than the players do. Not a slam. Just an observation of the obvious.

Patrick is really enjoying his new job. His boss took Patrick to his Rotary meeting yesterday afternoon for lunch (Patrick is a fellow Rotarian). He said they even sang songs. They don't sing at his meetings. I don't think they sing at my Dad's meetings (the more traditional group). He was trying to remember a song they sang, and I piped up "oh I'm proud to be a Rotarian... where I know my lunch is free ... "That wasn't it. It was "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean." I am not sure what the significance is for that song in particular, but then ... you just never know.

I have run out of my favorite creamer, so I am drinking coffee with no flavoring right now. Driving me a little batty. But ... it is the caffeine infusion that I need right now. Woke up at 5 and really couldn't get back to sleep. Mind went into overdrive as soon as I saw that it was only one hour from my alarm going off, so I laid awake, thinking of the things I have to do today.

I need to snap a pic of the little books I did for the cheerleaders. They really are cute! I need to finish up one with the ribbons on the side, and need to stamp her favorite cheer in the book (I tried to match up some cheers ... I had two girls who loved one cheer, so I put those words in their books). McCayla's book is a little bigger because I only had six in one size. I am going to make hers up sometime this weekend and give it to her. She knows it is coming, and I told her she can help me hand those out tonight to the girls.

All right. I need to go finish up this case, jump in the shower, and get the day started. Preschool Adventure Party, here we come! Jacque... will certainly miss you, but I know you will be having a rip-roarin' good time at your breakfast!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had BETTER be at PSP today! Kendra and I slaved over the decor last evening.
Yes dear, I already know that rubs are on sale..so are photo boxes and blank memory albums..ha ha.
See ya in a few!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home