Observations of a choir member
When we are getting close to a production, our director gets nasty.
Don't ever make fun of the "three hour tour" AKA Palm Sunday 2005 in the presence of said cranky choir director because it will only elicit a defensive reaction *but gets giggles from the remainder of your cronies*.
Said choir director becomes very agitated when people don't listen to him, making him revert to his high school teacher days, treating the adult choir like his middle school students.
Said choir director becomes downright condescending when you aren't singing the correct part, when you were never told what the correct part was until you started singing, and then you are informed at that very moment that you are singing the incorrect part, even though that knowledge was never imparted to said choir member.
Tell me WHY I want to be in the church choir? Because apparently I have a listening disorder as well as an inability to read music.
On another note, it has been nice to not have to rush around here this morning getting M ready for school. I used to abhor two hour delays ... as recently as a few months ago ... now that I am chauffeur to the Princess, I actually enjoy them.
Oh ... and another thing ... WHY can't my child be picked up from Kids' Club when we come to GET him? WHY is my husband told that he has to wait to collect Evan, when it is readily apparent that he had to come back to church to pick him up, and he has two other children in tow? WHY can't Evan be *released* when we NEED him to be released? I mean, that is presumptuous and rude.
I am in a bitchy mood today.
Don't ever make fun of the "three hour tour" AKA Palm Sunday 2005 in the presence of said cranky choir director because it will only elicit a defensive reaction *but gets giggles from the remainder of your cronies*.
Said choir director becomes very agitated when people don't listen to him, making him revert to his high school teacher days, treating the adult choir like his middle school students.
Said choir director becomes downright condescending when you aren't singing the correct part, when you were never told what the correct part was until you started singing, and then you are informed at that very moment that you are singing the incorrect part, even though that knowledge was never imparted to said choir member.
Tell me WHY I want to be in the church choir? Because apparently I have a listening disorder as well as an inability to read music.
On another note, it has been nice to not have to rush around here this morning getting M ready for school. I used to abhor two hour delays ... as recently as a few months ago ... now that I am chauffeur to the Princess, I actually enjoy them.
Oh ... and another thing ... WHY can't my child be picked up from Kids' Club when we come to GET him? WHY is my husband told that he has to wait to collect Evan, when it is readily apparent that he had to come back to church to pick him up, and he has two other children in tow? WHY can't Evan be *released* when we NEED him to be released? I mean, that is presumptuous and rude.
I am in a bitchy mood today.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home