Summer is coming
I can't wait for summer. I can't wait to stop having the morning fight with McCayla over what she is going to wear. I don't care if this child spends the whole summer in her bathing suit or Daisy Duke shorts, but at least there won't be a fight anymore! And this is just FIRST grade, people!
I bought her a pair of shorts over the weekend at our local Goodwill store. I was there, picking up some decorative tins to decorate for Universal Mama for our Earth Mama stocking. She saw them, wanted them, and I thought "ah... two bucks. Go ahead and get them." Did I look at the size? No. I assumed they looked to fit, but they are a 6X. So they are the *official* Daisy Dukes of the season. We have a pair every year. Last year, it was a pair of Osh Gosh or something like that ... and I think those were a 5T or something smaller ... she LOVED them. She reached for them first, and I didn't mind them being the lounge around the house shorts. But when she tried to venture out in them, she was yanked back in the house to change her clothes. So these shorts will be worn and loved all summer long, and then retired QUICKLY.
We need to start weeding through our clothes for the upcoming garage sale at the first of the month next month. I love the money we bring in, but MAN I hate preparing for them. But, we do them every year ... I don't think we have missed one yet. I remember when we had our "Moving Sale" in Lexington .. and people CAME INTO OUR HOUSE, wanting to purchase our couch. And with the state the couch is in now, I should have let them have it! I remember looking in the house where I had McCayla on the floor, sleeping, and there were these complete strangers standing in my living room!!
Two soccer games this weekend instead of three. That is good. Patrick is doing his yearly man duty and singing in the male chorus at church on Mother's Day. Now if I could just talk him into joining permanently. And the kids and I have to run out and get some Daddy birthday stuff for Friday. Mom and Dad are coming over to watch the kids for us so I can take him out to dinner. I am sure it will be to Tony's or The Gathering or an attempt at The Outback. Meat man.
I bought her a pair of shorts over the weekend at our local Goodwill store. I was there, picking up some decorative tins to decorate for Universal Mama for our Earth Mama stocking. She saw them, wanted them, and I thought "ah... two bucks. Go ahead and get them." Did I look at the size? No. I assumed they looked to fit, but they are a 6X. So they are the *official* Daisy Dukes of the season. We have a pair every year. Last year, it was a pair of Osh Gosh or something like that ... and I think those were a 5T or something smaller ... she LOVED them. She reached for them first, and I didn't mind them being the lounge around the house shorts. But when she tried to venture out in them, she was yanked back in the house to change her clothes. So these shorts will be worn and loved all summer long, and then retired QUICKLY.
We need to start weeding through our clothes for the upcoming garage sale at the first of the month next month. I love the money we bring in, but MAN I hate preparing for them. But, we do them every year ... I don't think we have missed one yet. I remember when we had our "Moving Sale" in Lexington .. and people CAME INTO OUR HOUSE, wanting to purchase our couch. And with the state the couch is in now, I should have let them have it! I remember looking in the house where I had McCayla on the floor, sleeping, and there were these complete strangers standing in my living room!!
Two soccer games this weekend instead of three. That is good. Patrick is doing his yearly man duty and singing in the male chorus at church on Mother's Day. Now if I could just talk him into joining permanently. And the kids and I have to run out and get some Daddy birthday stuff for Friday. Mom and Dad are coming over to watch the kids for us so I can take him out to dinner. I am sure it will be to Tony's or The Gathering or an attempt at The Outback. Meat man.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home