Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Totally bummed

McCayla put in her DVD from her Kindergarten program last year, and I always get teary-eyed when I watch it. And now I am truly bummed because her K teacher is retiring THIS year, taking her out of the running for Evan's teacher next year.

I am really upset about this. I never thought that I would become SOOO attached to a teacher, but I have. Mrs. Culver is an amazing teacher. I know we all have them in our lives, but truly this woman is amazing. She is so nurturing and caring and wonderful, and she would have been the perfect match for Evan, who has the same personality.

Alas, he will not have Mrs. C. I will only be able to say that one of my children was touched by this incredible woman.

On another note, I am looking into the summer to get the kids involved in things so they don't keep asking me "what are we doing today, Mommy?" I am signing M up for an art class up at the Toledo Museum of Art, and Evan will return for another year of Safety Town. We will have the dreaded Vacation Bible School during the third week of June, and of course, because our maniacal director insists on the WHOLE church being involved, there is no escaping having to help with that or be involved in some way.

So that has been my morning. Really exciting stuff.

But no choir tonight. No class. Just AT HOME for one night. Evan has his K meeting tomorrow night at school, so PawPaw will come over and watch Jenna and McCayla for Daddy, while I teach my Crim Pro class. I need to see if I can get in contact with a law enforcement officer of some type to come in and speak to my class on Tuesday night. Or some night. Gotta love guest speakers!

Patrick might be making a trip to Vermillion today with his boss. He hasn't been over there yet, so this will be an adventure for him.

Well, off I go. McCayla has decided that riding the bus isn't from the devil anymore, so she is back to that, which takes a LOT of pressure off of me, especially with having had a sick kid these last few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home