My DARling daughter
Jenna has a cold. She is now in that nice, crappy cough stage...
I decided to give her medicine last night, just a decongestant. You know, the warning bottles on these meds should not just say "may cause periods of alertness." They SHOULD say "If you give your child this, plan on spending a good portion of your sleeping hours, trying to get said child back to sleep once the meds wear off."
Man ALIVE! 12:45. She started crying. She wanted a baba. Now, yes ... we STILL give her a baba. It is her pacifier, but you know what? I think I am going to go out and buy her a pacifier and MAKE her use it. I go in, tell her to go back to sleep, and inform her that she is NOT getting another baba.
1:15. She starts at it again. I go back in, sternly inform her that I am getting cranky, and that she BETTER go back to sleep asap.
And it all goes downhill from there. Let's just say I didn't get back to sleep until 4:45!!!!! And I ended up giving her some cough medicine with codeine, thinking that will knock her out soon and I can finally get to sleep. I even went in and tried to sleep on her FLOOR to get her to stop crying. Well that just invited all sorts of problems. When I thought she was fast asleep after succumbing to the med, I went back into my room to get to sleep. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THAT? Oh yeah... Dadddy .... daaaaadddddyyyyyy.......dddddddddddaaaaaaaaaadddddddddyyyyyyyy
Translation: beyotch Mommy left me alone in here to fend for myself and now you are my favorite parent.
So Patrick fills up the baba, and we all go back to sleep.
Needless to say, I am NOT in a chipper mood this morning, and I have given Patrick his marching orders to go out to Evan's preschool for his parent/teacher conference.
I decided to give her medicine last night, just a decongestant. You know, the warning bottles on these meds should not just say "may cause periods of alertness." They SHOULD say "If you give your child this, plan on spending a good portion of your sleeping hours, trying to get said child back to sleep once the meds wear off."
Man ALIVE! 12:45. She started crying. She wanted a baba. Now, yes ... we STILL give her a baba. It is her pacifier, but you know what? I think I am going to go out and buy her a pacifier and MAKE her use it. I go in, tell her to go back to sleep, and inform her that she is NOT getting another baba.
1:15. She starts at it again. I go back in, sternly inform her that I am getting cranky, and that she BETTER go back to sleep asap.
And it all goes downhill from there. Let's just say I didn't get back to sleep until 4:45!!!!! And I ended up giving her some cough medicine with codeine, thinking that will knock her out soon and I can finally get to sleep. I even went in and tried to sleep on her FLOOR to get her to stop crying. Well that just invited all sorts of problems. When I thought she was fast asleep after succumbing to the med, I went back into my room to get to sleep. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THAT? Oh yeah... Dadddy .... daaaaadddddyyyyyy.......dddddddddddaaaaaaaaaadddddddddyyyyyyyy
Translation: beyotch Mommy left me alone in here to fend for myself and now you are my favorite parent.
So Patrick fills up the baba, and we all go back to sleep.
Needless to say, I am NOT in a chipper mood this morning, and I have given Patrick his marching orders to go out to Evan's preschool for his parent/teacher conference.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home