Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Totally inappopriate behavior

thinking about norma's Steelers' pen (you should see it ... it shines the Steelers' logo on a surface, including the church ceiling) and how she said she wanted to shine it on someone who was up on the platform, and my total willingness to pay her money I do not even have to do it, got me to thinking ... are there times when you just want to DO something so totally inappropriate, but you know you would be mortified once it happened?

There have been times when, right in the middle of a choir anthem, I want to start singing some totally inappropriate song, like "Stairway to Heaven" or "Comfortably Numb". I am not talking Eminem stuff... just you know, songs that don't belong in church, let alone in the middle of a choir anthem.

Or you want to put a Post It on someone's back that says something like "I'm shy ... ask me about my colonoscopy"

Or just start yelling expletives in a totally inappropriate place.

Do you think that is an illness? A precursor to Terets? Who knows, but I suffer from it sometimes, and how I would have LOVED to have seen that Steelers' emblem shining right in the middle of this person's back without his knowledge. It isn't spiteful .. it is pure fun, but I think I have a totally different sense of humor than most.

Oh well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meredith, I sooo cannot wait to meet you (how's that for proper english???)! Loved your post, was cracking up the entire time.

Yes, Friday is a crop, that of course tne infamous Robin is working.

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meredith..remember I told you about that during council?! I have those urges ALL THE TIME!!! Like I'll be listenting to some person tell me their woes and I just want to scream out "this is so boring, you are boring , and I don't REALLY CARE!!" Ha! There's a social worker for you. That is my own postsecret. Or like you want to do something totally wierd just to see what the reaction would be from someone. Yes, terets. I think that's it. I have it too, bad. I think about that stuff constantly.
Yes, the infamous Robin will be working the crop..so YOU ALL BETTER BE THERE!!!!
See you tonight! I'm not sure I can handle the food though...
Robin

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home