Thursday, January 26, 2006

Pro-crastination

Every time I hear this word, procrastination, I think of that Carly Simon tune ... Anticipation, Anticipation is making me late. Well insert procrastination in there for anticipation, and it could still work. Doesn't go with the rest of the lyrics, of course, but it is good with that chorus.

You know what I find funny? I can wear my heart on my virtual sleeve in this blog, not caring who can or does read this, but I get nervous when I hear those four little words coming from my husband .. you know ... the "I read your blog" comment.

What is it that instills the fear of God in my heart when I hear that? My husband said that to me yesterday, and I instantly broke out in a sweat! What did I say about him? Was it good? Was it bad? Did I say ANYthing about him?

He was only trying to be helpful (said he had the pictures from my Mom's car accident and if I wanted to post them, he could get them for me). I told him no thank you, and had to catch myself before I said "oh and don't read my blog again."

Why not? I mean, how rude of me, right? These should be things I say to his face, right? Well, probably not.

So, how private is your blog to you? Do you write it for yourself, for therapy, or do you write it as an act of self-expression? Do you write it to entertain, or to keep people apprised of what is going on in your life?

Points to ponder.

And back to work I go.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same here! So wierd sometimes..I would like to blog for certain people. The people I am REAL to and it's not always who you think. I am smiling as I type this because the whole library thing had me jumping. I get lost in this world and am pretty true, have to remember there are others reading who might not know the "real" me...
thanks for the reminder!
Robin

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home