A little crazy at Hobby Lobby
The other night, comparisons were being made at the Studio about how much money certain people have spent in there. Mine was a paltry $ 176 or something. You wanna know why it is so low?
Because I have another vice. Yarn. I LOVE yarn. I can't get over buying MORE yarn. Even if I have 10000000000 skeins of yarn, it could NEVER be enough for me. It is an illness, I know. And instead of saying "no more yarn comes into this house until I sell about $ 1000 worth of stuff", I go and buy 30 skeins of cotton yarn at Hobby Lobby. Why? Because it is on sale. You can't pass up a SALE. Come on. 99 cents a skein. You can't beat that with a stick.
I have all sorts of pretty colors ... pink and green and white and cornflower and multi-colored skeins with those same colors in there. I have this grandiose idea that my bucket hat/apron top combo will be the second coming of the poodle skirt or catch on like pegged jeans in the 80s. I don't think I wore a pair of pants without pegging them. Hmmmm....
So yeah. Vices. We all have them. Matt Powell's is terrorizing innocent bloggers. Mine is yarn and stalking Christie on her blog. What's yours?
Because I have another vice. Yarn. I LOVE yarn. I can't get over buying MORE yarn. Even if I have 10000000000 skeins of yarn, it could NEVER be enough for me. It is an illness, I know. And instead of saying "no more yarn comes into this house until I sell about $ 1000 worth of stuff", I go and buy 30 skeins of cotton yarn at Hobby Lobby. Why? Because it is on sale. You can't pass up a SALE. Come on. 99 cents a skein. You can't beat that with a stick.
I have all sorts of pretty colors ... pink and green and white and cornflower and multi-colored skeins with those same colors in there. I have this grandiose idea that my bucket hat/apron top combo will be the second coming of the poodle skirt or catch on like pegged jeans in the 80s. I don't think I wore a pair of pants without pegging them. Hmmmm....
So yeah. Vices. We all have them. Matt Powell's is terrorizing innocent bloggers. Mine is yarn and stalking Christie on her blog. What's yours?

2 Comments:
Thank goodness you didn't mention names, or the amounts spent! whew! You remind me of my Grandma (definitely in a good way). She had dressers full of yarn. I still have two afghan's she made me that are my favorites to cuddle with.
My vice? Hair products. Like you could tell. It's crazy. I can't resist them. Always looking for the miracle...
But your vice is used in a GOOD way. Hair products are good, and your hair looks good!
Yeah.. knitting certainly hasn't been the *young* thing to do, but there's a revolution, baby!
Post a Comment
<< Home