Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Uneventful evening...

Jenna was able to settle down at 10:30, and slept through the night just fine, but she woke up complaining that it was hurting her again. I really think it is sinus pressure, but can't be 100 percent on that, so you know where that is leading us. Yep... the germ-infestation known as the dr's office.

McCayla, on the other hand, is JUST fine. But you know what that means ... she stayed home from school because she vomited less than 12 hours ago, but she isn't sick. I think she was jumping on her bed too much last night, had junk in her stomach (2 valentine cookies and a Little Debbie snack cake ... mind you, I was at a Southern Living party with my mother, so those things were not consumed in my presence), and then felt nauseous. She can't get over that feeling, and basically talks herself into getting sick, which is what she did last night. Once and only once.

So I have to call the dr's office this morning and get Jenna in to see Dr. Ware.

Had a good time last night at Robin's party. Most of the gang was there (where WERE you, Christie? huh ? huh ????), plus my mother. I think my Mom doesn't know what to think of me sometimes. She looks like at me like I am some foreigner in a strange land .. like ... did I give birth to THAT?!

Speaking of giving birth, I had this dream last night that I was in a maternity ward somewhere, visiting a friend who had just had a baby. There was this woman on a guerney, and she was crowning, and the dr. wasn't there yet. The nurse yelled at someone to catch the baby, and my husband was standing right next to the woman but didn't hear the nurse, so I lunged forward, but didn't make it in time. The baby came out, slid across the guerney, and fell on the floor. Pleasant, huh? But he was just fine. He started crying, and all was well.

Then I had another dream that I was in my old high school in some class, but it was my contracts professor from law school teaching the class. He couldn't gain control of the class, so he called for one of my old principals, Mr. Russell, who came in and then started to suffer a heart attack, so I had to call 911. See what happems when I have to deal with illnesses in my family??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home