Looking a gift horse in the mouth?
I know that a LOT of people would kill to have my job. I can understand that. I love the flexibility of being at home. I love the fact that I HAVE this job. However, I do not LOVE the job. It is getting VERY tedious, and I just get po'ed when I get an audit report and I get docked on something that is levied by some arbitrary stupid Guideline. Not that I didn't get the case right, but because I didn't follow the party name descriptor rule, and call the parties plaintiff insurer and defendant insured, as opposed to me calling them just plain old plaintiff and defendant.
Does it REALLY affect the readability? Of course not. The researcher wants to know who was the plaintiff, and who was the defendant. They could care less that it was the insurer and the insured. Really, honestly, in the grand scheme of things, is it THAT horrid that I have chosen to call them by their party designations? No it isn't.
It isn't like I am going out there and changing the whole makeup of the case, rendering my own decision. I would LOVE to do that sometime, but alas....
Can you tell I am a little bitter? And it isn't because of a report I have received. I am just salty because this Friday is Audit Friday, and having come off of three months without receiving an audit, I am just really in a bad mood.
I would love to not have to work. Wouldn't we all? I am just so TIIIIIRRREEEDDD of summarizing case after case after case, wondering whether I followed the appropriate version of GLIII.1.b.2.c.ii.
Does it REALLY affect the readability? Of course not. The researcher wants to know who was the plaintiff, and who was the defendant. They could care less that it was the insurer and the insured. Really, honestly, in the grand scheme of things, is it THAT horrid that I have chosen to call them by their party designations? No it isn't.
It isn't like I am going out there and changing the whole makeup of the case, rendering my own decision. I would LOVE to do that sometime, but alas....
Can you tell I am a little bitter? And it isn't because of a report I have received. I am just salty because this Friday is Audit Friday, and having come off of three months without receiving an audit, I am just really in a bad mood.
I would love to not have to work. Wouldn't we all? I am just so TIIIIIRRREEEDDD of summarizing case after case after case, wondering whether I followed the appropriate version of GLIII.1.b.2.c.ii.
2 Comments:
I don't know how I acquire such smart friends but come on! What the "h" is Gu112kls..?! Anyway, speaking of come on..how did choir go? HA HA! I hope you weren't pulling your pants down for any shots...
Loved having dinner with you...Matt even said it was fun! We need to do that more often I think!
See ya later..
Ummmm....yeah I'm going to have to agree with Robin on this one. I mean I don't think I ever learned how to footnote a paper properly and I'm supposed to be a teacher or something??? I'm thankful to have such an intelligent friend!!!!! I can't even imagine how tedious your job must be!
Had fun at dinner too!
Post a Comment
<< Home