Thursday, February 02, 2006

What is the downfall of American society? and some rants

The endless basket of chips and the salsa that Mexican restaurants provide you with. I mean, they light on you like flies on honey when you sit down at the table. Enjoy our nachos. Eat a LOT.

They are fried. And do you think I could exercise SOME semblance of discretion? ABsolutely not. The only thing I DID have going for me was the fact that my son loved the chips just as much, because his hand was in there CONSTANTLY. So, what Evan was eating was one less that Mommy was eating.

And this hype about Ben R. Big Ben. Something to be SO proud of. So WHY are there these letters to the editor today, saying Ben isn't a hero, that true heroes are the ones who give their lives in the military? Well SURE military members are heroes. YES, police officers and firemen are heroes. I would NEVER squabble with that. But you know what? There are people who DO view Ben as a hero. Heroism is subjective. There is no objective test on what makes a hero.

To me, a hero is a mother who has given birth naturally. A mother who juggles career and motherhood like a professional. To me, a hero is an astronaut. To me, a hero is a person who can develop their own knitting patterns and inspires others to step out of that box and try something new and something they didn't think they could do.

So you see... being a hero is in the eye of the beholder. There is no lithmus test for heroism. So for those who think you know exactly WHAT a hero is, you write the book on it, and you can omit Ben Roethlisberger's picture from the book. But for me, he IS a hero. He is a hometown hero.

Ok... I need to stop before I get too worked up... and go summarize some REALLY enthralling case.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN sister..I fricken love nacho chips..they are my favorite food on this earth.
In fact, I'm going to go and eat some right now!
Big Ben rocks! I bought Carly a jersey today to wear to school tomorrow. Oh, I have some funny stuff, you'll have to read my blog tomorrow!
Love ya much!
Jacque is taller. I swear. Atleast I think so. She has bigger feet than me anyway!

8:35 PM  
Blogger mom2pittcrew said...

I totally meant to get out and get M and E jerseys and TOTALLY forgot! Oy! Can't wait to read the funniness tomorrow!!!! Get up REAL early, k?

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home