Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Officially a preschooler

Well, Miss Jenna has entered the realms of preschool. She started wearing her backpack around 8 this morning, right after Evan had found it for her. She wouldn't take it off, even to sit in my work chair and watch a Wonder Pets episode on the computer.

Pictures will soon follow ... as soon as I go out and get the camera to download them here.

She seemed a little tired and overwhelmed when I picked her up, but she perked up in the van. She said she had Goldfish for snack, but didn't have anything to drink. Her first craft was a goldfish in a baggie. It is a cute one. It is fun to see the other generation of kids going to preschool now. She is in a class with two other siblings of kids who went to school with Evan and some with McCayla.

It was strange to bring Evan home with me, instead of Jenna. And it was nice because he immediately found something to do, and I could work on a case I had to get back in this morning. And it was different to have him standing in the hallway with me, instead of Jenna. So many times it has been her. Moving on. Hard to do.

So all in all, she had an excellent time. I think we are bypassing dance for her this year, as I realized that I didn't have M in dance until she was ready to turn four. So M was four the entire first year of dance, and was on her way to five for the recital. I think J is a little young for dance right now, and also starting preschool. One thing at a time, I say. I might find a tiny tumblers class for her, though. Just something that doesn't gear her up for some huge recital at the end of the year. That is daunting for a seven year old, let alone a three year old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home