Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Bored bored bored bored

These two children are SOOOOO ready for school. I don't think Evan has a CLUE as to what is going to happen to him next Friday. And I don't think Mom has a clue, either.

Evan went in to meet his new teacher, Miss Rader. He ran around the room in true Evan-style as Miss Rader and I discussed his vision issues. Oh gosh... I just hope his needs are met. I know he is resilient. But he is still my special little guy. Shoot... I don't even want to think of my state of mind when it is Jenna's turn.

McCayla is R-E-A-D-Y! Ready ready ready ready. She is getting B-O-R-E-D!!!! This summer is a total change from last when Daddy was here to entertain them all day long. He did things with them. He took them places. Stick-in-the-mud Mommy is just NO fun. So I think I will have a child who is practically running to school next Tuesday morning!

Jenna ... Jenna Jenna Jenna. She is a terrible three a lot of times. She is opinionated. She screeches. She throws fits. She runs away from us. She runs out into the street. She has NO concept of danger. She is just our wild child. And Mommy has NO idea what she will do with Jenna when Evan goes off to school. Well, a majority of that time will be spent in naptime .... ahh.... peace and quiet. No kids. What WILL I do? Do you know what will happen? That will be the exact time that Jenna decides to no longer nap.

Have been reading this young lady's blog a lot: http://www.christithomas.blogspot.com/. She is a child who was diagnosed with Stage 4 Neuroblastoma. Right now, she is in Philly with her dad where they learned that her treatment options are VERY limited. Even after undergoing an oral chemo where she had to swallow 30 pills in the morning and again in the evening just recently, her numbers that indicate the amount of disease in her body has gone up six times more than her last count. I don't pretend to know everything about this disease. But I do know this: she is a fighter, and she is blessed with a family that is very supportive and will do anything in the world for her. It puts a lot of things into perspective for me. It is not looking good for her, and from what I am reading, this is the last round of treatment options for her. They are hoping to give her a little more quality of life, while trying to manage the pain that is already breaking through. She goes in for a body scan tomorrow, and they are hoping to not see anything in her brain because this chemo treatment won't cross that barrier. Have just been thinking about her a lot.

Well I guess I have procrastinated long enough. Back to work I go. Before some Filipino takes it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home