Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Good afternoon, Grammy!




The kids have been having a good day. We went to the library this morning, our weekly Wednesday ritual.

Evan is fighting a cold, so I have been shoving Zicam up his nostrils every four hours. The stuff really is magical.

Jenna is eating an apple, and listening to Evan tell stories. Right now, they are horsing around. They really seek one another out more than the older two seek each other.

McCayla is on a quest to FINISH a book this summer. She has started about 10-15 books, but hasn't finished one. I told her she could pick one book today, and insisted that she read it all the way through. I think she found a series that she likes, because she has been holed up in her room for 30 minutes. She is already past Chapter 3.

We are winding the summer down, with less than 20 days to start classes. We have to see what the deal is with Evan's teacher and when he will screen and all that fun stuff. I called the school two days ago and asked if they had been withdrawn. They had been, that very morning. So the school secretary and I ... Best Friends! She wasn't too happy that I had thrown a cog into the works, but that is her job, I guess. Just like it is my job to make others lives more difficult.

So Grammy... the kids say hello, and that they love you (and you, too Gramps!).

Have a good day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for the update on the kids and the greeting! I love to hear about my precious grandkids. Love to all, Grammy

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home