You know, sometimes I just cannot believe that this child is going to be THREE years old in June. It breaks my heart.
When she was born, she was SO tiny. She weighed only 4 pounds 13 ounces, and after having had two children who weighed twice that and almost twice that, it was hard to get used to the tinyness of her. There was nothing tiny about her cry, though. The nurses said she sounded like an air horn when she was screaming.
I cannot believe that this same baby who was the same size as McCayla's Bitty Baby is now the child who is taking herself to the bathroom all by herself, getting all excited about the big girl underwear she is wearing, taking great pride in the fact that she has told us on a few occasions that she has to go potty when we were out and about.
I cannot believe that this same baby who I lovingly cloth diapered is now out of those diapers that I treasured, in her own underwear, and going strong on potty learning.
I cannot believe that this same baby who was wearing preemie clothing is still true to size, wearing 24 month clothing. I have to roll down the waistband on her pants to make sure they stay up, and now that she doesn't have the cloth bubble butt, it is harder for those pants to stay up.
I cannot believe that this same baby whose only mode of transportation at one point in her life was to scoot herself on her back all over the place is the same little person who is running, jumping, and skipping all over the place.
I cannot believe that this same baby who could only communicate to us through her shrill, ear-piercing scream is the same little person who talks in almost full sentences, letting us know when she is happy, sad, angry, or cranky. But don't ask her if she is cranky in a public place, because she will exclaim, at the top of her lungs, "NO JENNA!" (in answer to our query "Jenna, are you cranky?")
I cannot believe that this same little baby, who came into our lives on June 9, 2003 via c-section, will be a three year old toddler, getting ready to start preschool in September.
I cannot believe...
1 Comments:
awww. I've been feeling a bit nostalgic these days as well. Congrats on the potty training! It's a wonderful thing!
Don't forget to pack your swimsuit.
;o)
Post a Comment
<< Home