Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thy name is "Bitter"

Here I sit ... still in my pjs from last night. Haven't showered. Haven't gotten out of the house. It is gray and windy outside, the kids have been sick, Evan still is carrying a high fever, and I am going to have some sort of mental breakdown soon.

My mother calls. She, my father, and my sister are out in San Francisco right now. Left this morning. Ask me when? I don't know. Ask me what flight they went out on? I don't know that, either. Ask me what airline? I have no idea, because they didn't tell me. Ask me where they are staying? HellifIknow. Ask me when they are coming home? All I know is next Wednesday. They are making some side trip over to Albuquerque at some point, but do you think I know? Nope. But you know what? I bet you one billion dollars that my brother has ALL of that information because, well, he IS the oldest, and he would be the one they call to tell him if something happens. I guess I can't be trusted, or whatever.

So ... here I am. In a foul mood as it is, and my mother calls, wanting to see how the kids are doing. I give her a briefing of their health, and then say "so it sounds like you made it out there just fine" and she said "Yeah... we are sitting in a nice little cafe at the bottom of a huge hill. A cable car just went by, and your sister is going up for another cup of cappucino."

and when we are done doing this, we are going to go have the time of our lives, but you won't know where we are, but, by golly, we will call you to let you know what we are doing at the time because, well, we are in San Francisco and you're not!

Damn it, I am REALLY bitter right now. Not good enough for the itinerary, but good enough to hear the play by play.

I am better off if they just don't call me, and then call me when they are back in drab, dreary Northwest Ohio.

Yes, I know. I am going to CADD next week. And I am not telling them when I am leaving or where I am staying or anything. Ha!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are scrappin pics if I've ever seen some!!! AHH! So jealous right here...Abby is no where near this yet...
Hey, when you are sitting in the hot tub with your glass of wine after a long massage, you will then say.."revenge is mine!!!!!!!!!!!"

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home