Monday, February 20, 2006

Things you know you won't do but boy wouldn't it be fun to do them?

About 3-4 months ago, a fellow WAHM (work at home mom, a group of moms I hang out with online), pointed out a story on NPR about the island of Fair Isle (Fair Isle knitting) needing knitters for its coop, saying that orders are just too enormous for the present knitters to handle. The Scottish Trust had two houses they were leasing. The lease ended up being like $ 300 for the WHOLE YEAR!

Now, mind you, this is a remote island. You can check out it here: http://www.fairisle.org.uk/ I was SOOOOOOOOO tempted. My mother said things like: did you see the ferry? did you see the SEATBELTS you have to wear on the ferry to cross over to the island? did you see the puddle jumper plane? what would you do for health care? are you SERIOUS about this?

I was SO wanting to send in an application to the Scottish Trust. There were two houses, now that I read up on it. One 4 bedroom, one 5 bedroom, and they said that 95 percent of the applications were from the United States. No jobs were promised, but if you were into construction (patrick could pick up a hammer and saw), or knitting (WOO HOO), then you were good to go.

I would have loved to have moved there.

What about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home