Saturday, February 18, 2006

Rah rah sissboombah

Yet another Saturday morning, surrounded by my cheerleaders and their parents. I have a beef.

You know .. these are first and second graders. Their parents are there. It is like they disappear for games. I mean, I don't want them sitting right next to me or Jennifer, but you know what would be REALLY nice? If they would hang around and answer some of their daughters' cheers. Like ... What about our color .. shout Purple ... Gold.

And, who you might ask, IS shouting Purple and Gold. Well ... me (the coach), Jennifer (the other coach), and Jason (Jennifer's husband).

Ummm... last time I checked, there was at LEAST one parent present for each cheerleader. Why is it that I hear crickets in the background?

So, do I gather up the cohunes (I had to use dictionary.com for that one), and put in the parent letter this week that they NEED to participate?

We've Got Spirit, Yes We Do, We've Got Spirit, How 'bout You? Well, we KNOW Meredith, Jennifer, and Jason have spirit. But noone else does.

Maybe it is because I am an ex-cheerleader. I EXPECT crowd participation. I do expect it to be quiet every once in a while, but you know, these girls are cheering their little hearts out, and they are met with the sound of silence. Good song, not good for cheering.

Upward is a positive experience, but you would think it was this HUGE undertaking for these parents. Maybe it is. I know that some deal with conflicting schedules because they have a kid in another game somewhere. I know that it was 9 in the morning, but I also know that these cheerleaders are doing their darndest, and I expect the parents to respond to that.

Ok. I am done. Could I be any more judgmental? Probably. Let's see.. nah. Don't wanna.

Now I am off to help with the concession stand at our church for their games. Woo Hoo! Jacque... hope everything was set up accordingly. Did you get any marks for not doing something a certain way?

Oh yeah... Jenna ... FOUR CONSECUTIVE days of pottying, and NOW she is TAKING herself to the bathroom! WOO HOO! Go Girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home