On the mend and waiting for the other shoe to drop
You know ... as much as I am relishing in the fact that the older two are on the mend, I can't get the vision out of my mind of Jenna standing in the kids room yesterday morning, with Evan's sippie cup up to her lips ... the sippie cup he was drinking out of YESTERDAY morning. So yes ... just waiting for the other shoe to drop, and this round of illness was ROTTEN. Nausea, fever, aches, pains, whining, you name it ... we had it. They are now getting on one another's nerves right now, so you know that all is returning to normal at the Pitt household.
Day three of potty learning, and we are going strong. I am having a friend of mine make Jenna some tye dyed trainers so Jenna can feel special. I am also waiting on some "going to church pants" from a friend of mine out in California.
I have work to finish up. Not sure if it will all get done today. There is no reason why it can't actually, but I have a few errands that need to be run ... like Joanns because they have yarn on sale. Illness. And I HAVE to get my SS gifts for CADD squared away.
Robin was mentioning on her blog about the crazy weather. Dude ... I had the SAME thoughts last night as the wind was blowing, the thunder was booming, and remembering that it was going to be MUCH colder today. What is UP? And the same movie, The Day After Tomorrow, came into mind, of course. I am SUCH a doomsday movie watcher. I love them all ...
Twister, Day After Tomorrow, War of the Worlds, Independence Day... oh now THERE is a funny story.
I have always had this fear of UFOs and aliens.. you know back in the 80s when all those alien abduction stories came to light... those aliens with the huge eyes ... there was this movie called Communion. My FAVORITE actor, Christopher Walken, was in it but it didn't matter because the movie CREEPED me out! I couldn't stand it, and I was a sr. in HIGH SCHOOL when I watched it.
Anyway... one night when I was watching Independence Day on tv, Patrick and I had been drinking a little wine .. not a lot ... just a bottle ... and Patrick calls to me, asking me to come outside. I told him I couldn't handle it if he wanted me to look at something in the sky, and sure enough, he did. He pointed to this light on the horizon that seemed to be dancing, but it wasn't going anywhere. Patrick said "I have been watching that for about 10 minutes, and I SWEAR it moved." It did look suspicious, and I started to get creeped out.
Patrick gets in the car (ok ... I had more of the wine than he did) ... and sees if he can follow it. He drove over to the west end of Findlay, and lost it.
I couldn't see it anymore, so we really thought we had seen a UFO. I even called my sister to see if she could see it, but she couldn't.
Patrick looks online the next day ... yeah. It was Venus. With the placement of Venus and where we were in our rotation, the online source said it would appear to be "flickering" due to the atmosphere.
I have these dreams where there are these lights in the sky and they zip around really fast. It is really too freaky. That and tornado dreams .. and I had one of those last night ... gee, I wonder why?
So... if you ever want to creep me out, tell me a tornado has touched down right outside my house, and a UFO is hanging out over my roof, taking pictures of my house.
Day three of potty learning, and we are going strong. I am having a friend of mine make Jenna some tye dyed trainers so Jenna can feel special. I am also waiting on some "going to church pants" from a friend of mine out in California.
I have work to finish up. Not sure if it will all get done today. There is no reason why it can't actually, but I have a few errands that need to be run ... like Joanns because they have yarn on sale. Illness. And I HAVE to get my SS gifts for CADD squared away.
Robin was mentioning on her blog about the crazy weather. Dude ... I had the SAME thoughts last night as the wind was blowing, the thunder was booming, and remembering that it was going to be MUCH colder today. What is UP? And the same movie, The Day After Tomorrow, came into mind, of course. I am SUCH a doomsday movie watcher. I love them all ...
Twister, Day After Tomorrow, War of the Worlds, Independence Day... oh now THERE is a funny story.
I have always had this fear of UFOs and aliens.. you know back in the 80s when all those alien abduction stories came to light... those aliens with the huge eyes ... there was this movie called Communion. My FAVORITE actor, Christopher Walken, was in it but it didn't matter because the movie CREEPED me out! I couldn't stand it, and I was a sr. in HIGH SCHOOL when I watched it.
Anyway... one night when I was watching Independence Day on tv, Patrick and I had been drinking a little wine .. not a lot ... just a bottle ... and Patrick calls to me, asking me to come outside. I told him I couldn't handle it if he wanted me to look at something in the sky, and sure enough, he did. He pointed to this light on the horizon that seemed to be dancing, but it wasn't going anywhere. Patrick said "I have been watching that for about 10 minutes, and I SWEAR it moved." It did look suspicious, and I started to get creeped out.
Patrick gets in the car (ok ... I had more of the wine than he did) ... and sees if he can follow it. He drove over to the west end of Findlay, and lost it.
I couldn't see it anymore, so we really thought we had seen a UFO. I even called my sister to see if she could see it, but she couldn't.
Patrick looks online the next day ... yeah. It was Venus. With the placement of Venus and where we were in our rotation, the online source said it would appear to be "flickering" due to the atmosphere.
I have these dreams where there are these lights in the sky and they zip around really fast. It is really too freaky. That and tornado dreams .. and I had one of those last night ... gee, I wonder why?
So... if you ever want to creep me out, tell me a tornado has touched down right outside my house, and a UFO is hanging out over my roof, taking pictures of my house.
1 Comments:
So cracking up right now. Man are we gonna have fun next weekend seeing who can freak Meredith out the most!! I'm gonna google search ufo's and aliens and see what kind of stories I can share!!!
And your daughter. Oh my gosh. Those are the most gorgeous brown eyes I have ever seen in my life. Watch out world!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home