Sunday, February 19, 2006

The new sandwich at McDonalds

You know, I used to think my grandmother was some sort of idiot when she would run through all our names before she got to me. She had eight grandchildren, and she would call me "Tami, Todd, Barry, Bethany, Meredith." Sometimes it was just "BarryBethanyMeredith."

Well now, I am that idiot. I do it with my kids CONSTANTLY, but only really between the girls. So Jenna has now been named some new sandwich at McDonalds.... McJenna.

We were up at Perrysburg this morning (ah yes... I am sure the sermon was an excellent one), and we were getting ready to turn into the Target area. There is a McDonalds there, and Jenna was talking about it. We were laughing because my friend, Doug, had taught the kids (the older two) how to say McDonalds, ala Eddie Murphy. So we were saying it that way, and then Jenna said something. I said "what, McJenna?"

Of course, McCayla busts out laughing, and this has to be predicated with: think of the McDonalds jingle ... bah da bah bah ba. I'm lovin' it.

McCayla says "McJenna... Bah da bah bah ba."

It was the single most funny thing I had heard come from that child's mouth. She was SO proud of herself for being witty. I mean... this is the child who has to try hard to be flexible, and here she let forth something that Meredith could be totally proud of!

So the new sandwich and her siblings and I take off into Target, where they were SUCH angels (I am not kidding, either ... they were perfect... it is coming with their age, I think). We are just about done (in the scrapbook aisle) and Jenna informs me that she has to go pee pee. I had a diaper on her because I just had this feeling we wouldn't be very successful on this trip, being in the car for over 35 minutes at a time.

We all took off for the bathroom, and her diaper was totally dry! She was SO proud of herself, and she peed right there on the potty.

We went back to the aisle we left, got a few more things (including Pull Ups... I swear that I will never use them again, but this time I decided it was ok), went to eat some lunch in the yummy Target cafe, and then took Jenna potty one more time. We ran to Michaels really quick, came home, and she was completely dry.

She has gone around the corner on this one, I think. So proud of her.

Now I am off to the Scrapbook Studio to get a few things. Like I need to spend more money, but yeah... I do.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the sermon was good..I did make it. But jealous that you were shopping at target, love it there! So jealous about the potty training thing..after all, you love diapers way more than I do friend...
I went to see Pink Panther with Carly today..it was fun. Love Steve Martin!
Can't wait for Friday!!!!
Talk to you soon!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh congrats on the potty training and the new name for you little one... My daughter loves to sing the same theme this will crack her up... oh and guess what i'm screaming this right now the cheerleaders are gone and i still hear clapping... good thing i don't have a clapper around here!!! Can't wait till friday!!!!oh do you know who has me yet?????

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home