It's all in who holds the remote control...
There is one thing I cannot STAND when Patrick is watching tv and has control of the remote: the constant FLIPPING. His show goes to commercial, well we can't just SIT there and let those commercials play. We have to FLIP. We have to make sure, in our super size me, want fries with that society, that we are getting the best bang for our buck. You can't shell out all that money to the cable company without giving the channel guide a good workout. MAKE Time Warner Cable work for their money.
So he has it on the Grammys. He LOVES award shows. He will stop at ANY award show to watch it, even if it is an award show where only the cast of the Golden Girls are honored, he will watch it because you just never know who will show up, and what they will be wearing.
I made the HORRID mistake of calling tonight during choir to let him know that his first-born would be coming home with a church family.
What are you doing?
What do you want? Coldplay is on!
Ooooo...sorry (knowing that I had committed a cardinal sin). Do you want me to let you go?
No... (disdain in voice) they are finished now!
Gee .. sorry.
So I get home. The one thing I like to watch on Wednesday night is (no NOT Lost ... I get lost watching Lost) Project Runway. Well tonight I had to compete. So I put it on Project Runway, and every time it went to commercial ... "can you PLEASE turn it to channel 11 (the Grammys)" because, well you know.. you don't know who might be on tv.
Now that made me mad. I'm like "you know what? We don't NEED to be CONSTANTLY entertained during these commercials, do we? I don't think so. So leave me alone ... there's a commercial on Project Runway right now ... I have to switch it over to When Harry Met Sally."
So he has it on the Grammys. He LOVES award shows. He will stop at ANY award show to watch it, even if it is an award show where only the cast of the Golden Girls are honored, he will watch it because you just never know who will show up, and what they will be wearing.
I made the HORRID mistake of calling tonight during choir to let him know that his first-born would be coming home with a church family.
What are you doing?
What do you want? Coldplay is on!
Ooooo...sorry (knowing that I had committed a cardinal sin). Do you want me to let you go?
No... (disdain in voice) they are finished now!
Gee .. sorry.
So I get home. The one thing I like to watch on Wednesday night is (no NOT Lost ... I get lost watching Lost) Project Runway. Well tonight I had to compete. So I put it on Project Runway, and every time it went to commercial ... "can you PLEASE turn it to channel 11 (the Grammys)" because, well you know.. you don't know who might be on tv.
Now that made me mad. I'm like "you know what? We don't NEED to be CONSTANTLY entertained during these commercials, do we? I don't think so. So leave me alone ... there's a commercial on Project Runway right now ... I have to switch it over to When Harry Met Sally."
1 Comments:
ooo...like project runway. hopefully he at least saw Terri Hatcher's outfit. Same thing here too...which is why i watch tv in the bedroom and he gets the family room ;o) although with the DVR I don't see too many commercials these days ;o) I'm so spoiled.
Post a Comment
<< Home