Another Manic Monday
Oohhh ohhh ... wish it were Sunday.... oh oh
My mother, father, and sister are taking off for the City by the Bay this week. They leave Thursday, and don't come back until next Wednesday. I know ... I'm going to CADD next weekend.... but they don't need to rub it in my face, do they? They are going out for a Coldwell Banker convention, and then they are driving over to Albuquerque for some odd reason. I think my mother is looking for a job or something. She was offered a librarian position on a reservation, but she turned it down in August. I think she is still kicking herself in the rear end on that one.
So it will be my brother and I left here in the fine Flag City. Well yeah... and my family, of course. They aren't going anywhere, either.
WHEN will my children sleep in? I just want to know.
MOPS tomorrow, cheerleading tomorrow night, dance tonight, I *think* Brownies on Thursday night, choir Wednesday, and craft night Friday night. Every night, something to do.
I remember days of doing nothing. I think. Was that me?
Parents and brother were over last night for some Pizza Hut. I think they had a good time. The older two weren't out there much. They have found some new game on the computer ... something about building a contraption, and that is just all McCayla. She LOVES contraptions. Thank goodness they took Zoom off when she gets home from school. I don't even know when they show that anymore, but every time she watched it, she immediately wanted to get up and go do it, or make it. I mean ... they told them "if you like what you see, turn off your tv, and do it". Thanks Zoom kids.
I remember Zoom, though. I remember those striped, Freddy Krueger shirts they wore. Long sleeves, I think. Now they wear tshirts. But they are still in Boston. They still do all those fun things. We have been known to submit a Fannie Doollie or two.
Our next door neighbor... we don't know what it is he does. He goes to work at Graff Auto Mall in Fo-town. But we barely see him. He used to be obsessed with his yard. Now we barely see him in it. He was notorious for running his leaf blower at all times of the day and night during the fall. One time, I think it was when I was in the hospital having Evan, he was running it and blowing the leaves in our yard. My Mom was over here, and she went out on our front porch and gave him the "Mary eye." This is WORSE than the evil eye, let me tell you. But I don't think it stopped him.
When we first moved in, and I was really pregnant with Evan, I went out at 11 at night in my robe to ask him to stop chasing his ... get this... stepdaughters around the house. Yeah... nice, huh? He also HATED our apple tree, and offered to pay to cut it down. So of course we took him up on his offer, because we hated it, too ... now there is NO privacy between our house and his. If I am not careful, and if the blinds are drawn up, I can look right out into their driveway from our bathroom.
Well, I need to go out and take care of the kids.
My mother, father, and sister are taking off for the City by the Bay this week. They leave Thursday, and don't come back until next Wednesday. I know ... I'm going to CADD next weekend.... but they don't need to rub it in my face, do they? They are going out for a Coldwell Banker convention, and then they are driving over to Albuquerque for some odd reason. I think my mother is looking for a job or something. She was offered a librarian position on a reservation, but she turned it down in August. I think she is still kicking herself in the rear end on that one.
So it will be my brother and I left here in the fine Flag City. Well yeah... and my family, of course. They aren't going anywhere, either.
WHEN will my children sleep in? I just want to know.
MOPS tomorrow, cheerleading tomorrow night, dance tonight, I *think* Brownies on Thursday night, choir Wednesday, and craft night Friday night. Every night, something to do.
I remember days of doing nothing. I think. Was that me?
Parents and brother were over last night for some Pizza Hut. I think they had a good time. The older two weren't out there much. They have found some new game on the computer ... something about building a contraption, and that is just all McCayla. She LOVES contraptions. Thank goodness they took Zoom off when she gets home from school. I don't even know when they show that anymore, but every time she watched it, she immediately wanted to get up and go do it, or make it. I mean ... they told them "if you like what you see, turn off your tv, and do it". Thanks Zoom kids.
I remember Zoom, though. I remember those striped, Freddy Krueger shirts they wore. Long sleeves, I think. Now they wear tshirts. But they are still in Boston. They still do all those fun things. We have been known to submit a Fannie Doollie or two.
Our next door neighbor... we don't know what it is he does. He goes to work at Graff Auto Mall in Fo-town. But we barely see him. He used to be obsessed with his yard. Now we barely see him in it. He was notorious for running his leaf blower at all times of the day and night during the fall. One time, I think it was when I was in the hospital having Evan, he was running it and blowing the leaves in our yard. My Mom was over here, and she went out on our front porch and gave him the "Mary eye." This is WORSE than the evil eye, let me tell you. But I don't think it stopped him.
When we first moved in, and I was really pregnant with Evan, I went out at 11 at night in my robe to ask him to stop chasing his ... get this... stepdaughters around the house. Yeah... nice, huh? He also HATED our apple tree, and offered to pay to cut it down. So of course we took him up on his offer, because we hated it, too ... now there is NO privacy between our house and his. If I am not careful, and if the blinds are drawn up, I can look right out into their driveway from our bathroom.
Well, I need to go out and take care of the kids.
4 Comments:
oh geez. they are so going to want to separate us at CADD. It's gonna be bad. I have a feeling. ;o) LOVE your stories!
I can't wait for CADD you and the other ladies are going to be awesome- the blog is great i lurk a lot so i thought i'd throw in a post!! You crack me up!!!
who is the above anonymous person? what the???
ROFL,dying actually..Freddy Krueger sweaters..oh Meredith..you are classic..
Who are you, anonymous?!?!?! I NEED to know! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home