And we danced ... like a wave on the ocean, romanced
Name that band.
Tonight... that sinking feeling when you walk into dance class to drop your daughter off and hope your can go sit on your fat arse and knit for one hour of uniterrupted, blissful time, but rather you see your daughter's classmates with one parent, and then you remember ... it is parent night at Becky's School of Dance.
Oh joy! Oh shout to the Heavens above! My favorite night of all nights. Get your mom and dad in class, make them learn dance steps that it takes your children, what, six months to learn and expect us to pick up in 5 minutes. Yeah. Come one, come all to lavish in the embarassment.
THEN let's make them do silly walking exercises from one end of the room to the other. Let's make them leap over the first aid kit, when you should really be giving the first aid kid to them to rub Ben Gay on their aching joints.
There is a reason I only lasted two years at Linda England's dance school. Shoot, I don't think I even lasted that long. I only remember one recital, so maybe it was just one year. I HATED dance. I HATED it. You can see I have gotten over those feelings.
My sister was the one who took dance. Oh yeah... and my Mom tortured my brother for a few years and put him tap and jazz. Poor boy. Evan reminds me a lot of him, and Evan is just NOT coordinated. And Evan reminds me a lot of me. We could turn around and run smack into a wall if we aren't paying attention. The apple didn't fall too far from the tree. My sister, on the other hand, was the gifted one, physically and sports-wise. But she didn't like to play tennis (which she was REALLY good at) because the skirts made her thighs look too big.
Oh... and the name of the group... The Hooters. Christie... I saw them in concert. They were my first concert, so I don't know which one wins for being the best concert of all time... Milli Vinilli (or however that is spelled) or The Hooters. Oh and did I mention that my FATHER went to the concert with me? Ah yes.... my Dad at a Hooters concert. He thought it was a different kind of concert ... if you catch my drift.... of course, this is the man who, no joke...
Was sitting at the house of some friends of my Mom's ... we went there on vacation a few times in Reading, PA ... actually, that was when we went to see the Hooters ... anywho. My Dad is sitting in their basement, watching a drum and bugle corp program on PBS ... I came down and asked him what the show was, and he said "I think this is halftime ... I'm waiting to see who is playing." Yeah... keep waiting, Dad. The team will show up sometime, I'm sure ... on PBS.
Tonight... that sinking feeling when you walk into dance class to drop your daughter off and hope your can go sit on your fat arse and knit for one hour of uniterrupted, blissful time, but rather you see your daughter's classmates with one parent, and then you remember ... it is parent night at Becky's School of Dance.
Oh joy! Oh shout to the Heavens above! My favorite night of all nights. Get your mom and dad in class, make them learn dance steps that it takes your children, what, six months to learn and expect us to pick up in 5 minutes. Yeah. Come one, come all to lavish in the embarassment.
THEN let's make them do silly walking exercises from one end of the room to the other. Let's make them leap over the first aid kit, when you should really be giving the first aid kid to them to rub Ben Gay on their aching joints.
There is a reason I only lasted two years at Linda England's dance school. Shoot, I don't think I even lasted that long. I only remember one recital, so maybe it was just one year. I HATED dance. I HATED it. You can see I have gotten over those feelings.
My sister was the one who took dance. Oh yeah... and my Mom tortured my brother for a few years and put him tap and jazz. Poor boy. Evan reminds me a lot of him, and Evan is just NOT coordinated. And Evan reminds me a lot of me. We could turn around and run smack into a wall if we aren't paying attention. The apple didn't fall too far from the tree. My sister, on the other hand, was the gifted one, physically and sports-wise. But she didn't like to play tennis (which she was REALLY good at) because the skirts made her thighs look too big.
Oh... and the name of the group... The Hooters. Christie... I saw them in concert. They were my first concert, so I don't know which one wins for being the best concert of all time... Milli Vinilli (or however that is spelled) or The Hooters. Oh and did I mention that my FATHER went to the concert with me? Ah yes.... my Dad at a Hooters concert. He thought it was a different kind of concert ... if you catch my drift.... of course, this is the man who, no joke...
Was sitting at the house of some friends of my Mom's ... we went there on vacation a few times in Reading, PA ... actually, that was when we went to see the Hooters ... anywho. My Dad is sitting in their basement, watching a drum and bugle corp program on PBS ... I came down and asked him what the show was, and he said "I think this is halftime ... I'm waiting to see who is playing." Yeah... keep waiting, Dad. The team will show up sometime, I'm sure ... on PBS.
1 Comments:
you crack me up! I was a huge drum and bugle corp fan- but i never saw the team... hopefully your dad faired better though!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home